Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Green Day





March 19


St. Patrick's Day was uneventful at our house- we covered our bases with green! On this March 19, Abby decided it was Green Day. We were home together all day waiting for our cable hook-up- which meant I needed to get into the crawl space ("the big hole" as we call it) to get a path cleared for the cable guy- while I was down there, I found a tub of toys the kids hadn't played with in a while- musical instruments, dolls, etc.- so I brought it up as entertainment for Abby. She found a couple of green sheer scarves and designed herself a dress, to which she added a green dress from her "too small" drawer, a green felt hat meant for pets (my crazy mom bought the kids each one last year for St. Patty's day), her green shamrock knee highs from the dirty clothes basket, all of the green hair pretties we have, and green eye shadow. I hope I'm not missing anything green. She then asked for a green picnic lunch in the living room (the cable guy is here by now- I'm sure quietly cracking up at this silly goose). We dined on green milk, grapes, cucumber slices, and crackers with cheese (not green cheese!). This day made me wish my mom could have been here to share our picnic- this is the kind of thing I remember as a kid- dressing up, my mom playing along, making me special lunches in the basement or outside in the playhouse- she would have loved this! And to think, it was all Abby's idea!



March 19 is also my Auntie Carolyn's birthday! Happy Birthday! This photo was taken on Alki Beach in Seattle this past January. We had a special day with Auntie Carolyn - lunch at the Luna Park Cafe, watching sea lions, playing on the beach in West Seattle, and shopping at Trader Joe's. The elastic in Abby's pants broke while we were at the beach- it was hilarious- her pants kept falling down- and I mean down to her ankles! Oh we laughed!

No comments: